Monday, January 28, 2019

Madinah

اَلسَلامُ عَلَيْكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اَللهِ وَبَرَكاتُهُ

السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ يَا رَسُوْلَ اللهِ

Alhamdulillah, as promised I am back with something worth sharing here about my recent spiritual journey to the holy cities of Mekah and Madinah with At Taqwa Travel & Tours. After an overnight in Jeddah, the next day right after Zohor time we embark for a long drive to Madinah. Knowing that we are going to a place of perfection and where Masjid Nabawi is located, we wish that Madinah is just right across the road :)

I do read and study a lot about Madinah before but the only excitement is when you are able to set foot there. It took us about 5 to 6 hours drive from Jeddah to this special city. Madinah then known as Yathrib is the city of our Prophet Muhammad صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ 

Prophet Muhammad صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ migration or better known as hijrah from Mekah to Madinah which was happening 1440 years ago does not seem to be an easy ride for our beloved prophet (I broke in tears writing this line). Nothing else but as an act of obedience to الله سبحانه وتعالى and to spread the teachings of Islam. The Hijrah was also the beginning of islamic calendar which we muslims commemorate annually on the 1st Muharram.

Please do enjoy some pictures of my Madinah visit :)

Smooth ride I can say, Alhamdulillah.


Obligatory pit-stop for prayer...


...and a quick refreshment of course.




Entering the Haram Land of Madinah


My first ever encounter with Masjid Nabawi, Allahuakbar.


But first hotel check in at Rawda Royal Inn


I just can't wait any longer, with my teary eyes entering the Masjid Nabawi compound on a solo visit which means I need to work on my poor selfie skill :)






Gate 1 or As-Salam Gate or best known as Babussalam which leads you to Raudah and the final resting place of Prophet Muhammad صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ 


السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ يَا رَسُوْلَ اللهِ 
The Makam of our beloved Prophet Muhammad صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ just right behind me. Alhamdulillah, so blessed to be chosen as the guest of حَبِيْبَ اللهِ Very calming and amazing feeling to be here, my write up and pictures just cannot do it justice. May الله سبحانه وتعالى answer all my prayers and allow me, my wife, my three children Zahra', Sa'adah and Abdul Aziz as well as my whole family an opportunity to visit the holy cities and grant us Jannah امين يا رب العالمين

السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ يَا رَسُوْلَ اللهِ اَلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ يَا نَبِيَّ اللهِ، اَلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ يَا خِيَرَةَ اللهِ، اَلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ يَا حَبِيْبَ اللهِ اَلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ يَا سَيِّدَ اْلمُرْسَلِيْنَ وَخَاتَمَ النَّبِيِّيْنَ. اَلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ يَا خَيْرَ اْلخَلَائِقِ أَجْمَعِيْنَ. اَلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ وَعَلَى آلِكَ وَأَهْلِ بَيْتِكَ وَأَزْوَاجِكَ وَأَصْحَابِكَ أَجْمَعِيْنَ، اَلسَّلَام ُعَلَيْكَ وَعَلَى سَائِرِ النَّبِيِّيْنَ وَجَمِيْع عِبَادِ اللهِ الصَّالِحِيْنَ






Distracted by this hotel, of course not my wife's hotel although the name is there :)


Subuh at Masjid Nabawi with Ustaz Haji Ghani bin Idris


On the same group with us which happened to be my ex schoolmate, Cikgu Haji Hakim bin Besar (far left) and his brother Haji Azahari bin Besar (next to his left) with their kids. 


Didn't see this man for ages since he retired ماشاء الله Good to see Haji Jahair here in Madinah.


Another visit to Raudah and Makam, such a long queue.




Always worth a long wait


الروضة










Another queue for ziarah


My first Madinah lunch at Abu Khalid Restaurant with Awangku Rezki bin Pengiran Haji Shahminan and Ustaz Abdussalam bin Haji Ali.


Plenty of choices






While waiting at Starbucks, taking home some pictures.


Didn't quite to hit the spot, to sweet to my liking :(



مسجد ابو بكر الصديق






I don't know who karat the banner :)


Masjid Quba


Kurma Ajwa


Masjid Quba


Masjid Quba


A father figure among us, Ustaz Haji Bagol and his wife Ustazah Hajah Zainon


Ladang Kurma, about 10 minutes bus ride from Masjid Quba



Sightseeing at the holy city of Madinah #MyHeartStillThere


Maghrib


Sungkai or better known as iftar



Along with my brothers of faith. Alhamdulillah always good to see good people at a place of perfection.




Tazkirah in arabic


Heading to Jabal Uhud


With our mutawwif Ustaz Haji Dermawan


Decision to make during midnight for sahur. I opted for a kebab on the left and it didn't disappoint, so good.


On the final night in Madinah I just knew that there's a coffee house next to our hotel.








Bidding farewell to our beloved Prophet Muhammad صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ Leaving Masjid Nabawi with heavy heart and of course this is not our final ziarah.

Taken couple of days earlier, ziarah on my own on my free time.



Didn't see my ex colleague for ages but here in Madinah. Alhamdulillah, good to see Pengiran Haji Osman bin Pengiran Ismail a broadcasting veteran.





Everybody are all set for Rukun Umrah and heading towards Mekah Al-Mukarramah


Obligatory pitstop midway through, as usual for Jamak Zohor and Asar as well as a quick refreshment. Another 300km to go before we reach Mekah Al-Mukarramah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semester Break!

Assalamualaikum, good day everyone! Of late I've been busy juggling between work and study whilst also supervising them kids e-learning ...